Thursday, January 27, 2005
Corpse-like homophobe/anti-feminist head of the Eagle Forum, Phyllis Schlafly. BTW, her son John is openly g-a-y.
Why do I visit these sites? They make me want to hurl. Then, again, I like sharing these unhinged ideas with House Blend readers to keep reminding them that the Right is incredibly consistent and persistent. We know who the enemy is and they are insane. Here are some tidbits from the January 2005 Phyllis Schlafly Report.
Phyllis's Conservative Agenda for 2005
Curb Supremacist Judges
* Congress should pass a law providing that federal judges have no power to hear a challenge to the Defense of Marriage Act, or to hear a federal challenge to state marriage amendments, or to change the definition of marriage to something other than one man and one woman, or to give unmarried persons the legal benefits of husbands and wives....It's not only right, it is good politics to push ahead on protection of traditional marriage at every level and with all possible legislation.
* Congress should pass a law providing that federal judges have no power to ban the Pledge of Allegiance, the Ten Commandments, and other public acknowledgments of God by public officials or on public property.
* Congress should amend a Watergate-era law, the Civil Rights Attorney's Fees Awards Act, to prevent the ACLU and others from collecting attorney's fees for lawsuits claiming that the public acknowledgment of God is an "establishment of religion" prohibited by the First Amendment. Congress should cut off this taxpayer subsidy for ACLU lawsuits.
Protect American Sovereignty
* The biggest threat to U.S. sovereignty at the present time is the Bush Administration's attempt to lock the United States into a 34-nation Western Hemisphere economic union called the Free Trade Agreement of the Americas (FTAA)....Americans have everything to lose if we subject ourselves to tribunals dominated by the socialist pro-gay country to our north and the corrupt and Communist governments to our south. The real purpose behind FTAA and CAFTA is to integrate low-wage workers in other Western Hemisphere countries into the U.S. economy. This will make U.S. citizens compete with millions of workers willing to work for pennies a day.
Stop Entry of Illegal Aliens
* Congress should pass a law to cut off highway funds to states that grant driver's licenses to illegal aliens.
* Disease is one of the most important reasons to stop the traffic of illegal aliens. They put an enormous burden on our health care system at the same time that so many Americans lack health insurance. Legal immigrants are required to be free from disease, but no one examines the 4,000 illegals who enter our country every day and disappear into our population. They are bringing diseases that we never had before in the United States or which we eradicated decades ago.
* Congress should stiffen its backbone against the Bush Administration plan to grant amnesty to illegal aliens under the euphemism of giving "the millions of undocumented men and women now employed in the United States
The Federal Spending Power
U.S. colleges and universities are some of the biggest enemies of the values of red-state Americans. Congress can't order colleges what to teach or to fire their tenured Marxist professors, but since universities are among the largest recipients of federal handouts, Congress should use its power of the purse to teach them a lesson. Judicial supremacists recently nullified the Solomon Amendment, which requires universities that take taxpayers' money to allow access on their campuses to military recruiters. The congressional response in 2005 should be to eliminate from the federal budget those universities that exclude the military.
Bush's Feminist Mischief
* Women in combat? The Bush Administration is moving fast to force female soldiers, including mothers, into ground-combat units for the first time in U.S. history...Putting women in all combat positions has been a longtime goal of the radical feminist movement, including advocates of the Equal Rights Amendment, the tax-funded feminist lobby called DACOWITS, and feminist spokespersons such as (now Supreme Court Justices) Sandra Day O'Connor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Of course, the feminists who are pushing this uncivilized goal are not the ones who will be on the ground in Iraq. After all our years of fighting against irrational feminist "equality," will George W. Bush — the conservative we just elected — be the one who sends women and mothers out to fight his war? Governor Schwarzenegger invented the best label for men like this: girlie men.
* Title IX. The Bush Administration and Congress should fix the injustices caused by the feminist-enforced Title IX quotas, which specify that the proportion of men to women who participate in competitive sports cannot exceed their proportional enrollment in college. This quota system (not created by the law, but by Carter and Clinton feminists) has caused the senseless elimination of hundreds of men's college teams (such as 171 wrestling teams), and unless Bush or Congress takes action to stop this nonsense, high school sports are next on the feminists' hit list.
Oh, I just can't post any more; it's too painful.