Thursday, October 12, 2006
Folks, that's not IMs or emails. That's damn nasty and brazen if perv Foley thought touching ANYONE on the posterior in a work environment is acceptable, let alone a teenage page who is not in a position of power to challenge. (The Michigan Daily):
A former House page said he witnessed inappropriate contact between former Republican Congressman Mark Foley and another page in the back of the House floor in early 2001.And Nguyen can't possibly be the only page -- or member of Congress or staffers -- who knew that Foley was cruising teens on the taxpayers' dime -- and on the House floor.
The page, Richard Nguyen, a first-year student at the University's Gerald Ford School of Public Policy, said he saw Foley pat a male page's behind.
Foley's attorney did not return calls for comment.
Nguyen said he was not sure during which month the incident took place. He was a page between January and June of 2001. Nguyen did not report the incident to authorities. At the time, the then-16-year-old thought it was "questionable activity," but he was unsure how to interpret it.
"I wasn't sure if it was a social norm I wasn't accustomed to," Nguyen said. "I mean, you see athletes patting each other's asses all the time on the field."
...Nguyen said many of the pages in his class were suspicious of Foley.
"We always saw that Mr. Foley was very friendly to male pages," he said. "There were signs, for an observer like myself, but I never knew what I know now."
* Have you visited Blogactive today?
* How not to do it, perv
* You can't make this up
* Former staffer to testify drunken Foley cruised page dorm
* Try again, Cliff Kincaid (a gay cabal infiltrated the GOP to advance the Homo Agenda)
* Evidence of FBI coverup on Foleygate
* Mike Rogers on O'Reilly and two more anti-gay closets kicked open
* Reynolds drops out of fundraiser for mistress-choker
* TVC's Lou Sheldon's spittles over Foley
* Lawrence O'Donnell on closeted gay Republicans
* Page self-identifies, to speak with feds
* Kolbe saw Foley messages in 2000
* Daddy Dobson lies, blames teen pages and liberals for Foley debacle
* Foley's power trip
* O'Donnell: what's up with Hastert's roomie/chief of staff?
* On the hit list of the fundies, the gay GOP continues to protect its closet
* Trouble in GOP House seats
* Mike discusses outing gay hypocrites on Tucker Carlson's show
* Time for the GOP hole card to turn up
* You knew it wouldn't take long for this to show up
* Watch Pat Buchanan play the NAMBLA card; UCC takes on Perkins
* Three more pages speak to ABC about Foley's 'approaches'
* Insane defenses
* Caption this - Tom Reynolds and Laura Bush
* Thursday AM Foley roundup
* Hastert: I'll resign if it will help the GOP
* Gingrich: Dems' sex scandals are worse / Drunk Foley showed up at page dorm
* The List
* Kirk Fordham's the first to go
* dKos Cheers & Jeers on Foleygate
* Qs of the day - who's going down/career advice for Foley
* Glenn's on Foley fire...
* Wednesday AM Foley update
* How low can you go -- Tom Reynolds hides behind children
* Foley's attorney: he was molested by a priest as a child
* OK, enough. Hastert has to go NOW.
* Dear Leader speaks...
* Foley interrupted floor vote to have cybersex with page
* Page threatened, Foley still using AOL screen name
* Eating their own - Boehner drop kicks Hastert
* Tuesday AM Foley roundup
* More GOP family values: Foley aide tried to cut a deal with ABC's Ross
* More info on Foley's well-known predator rep among pages
* They knew about Foley in 2001
* There should not be silence
* GOP leadership: spinning for the election home stretch, but nowhere to run on Foley
* More Foleygate
* Foley blasted 'vile' Clinton in 1998 for his 'sad sexual addiction'
* Resolution for ethics probe over Foley passes 410-0
* Denny Hastert must resign for doing nothing about Foley
* Foley drops out of re-election campaign
* What the heck was Mark Foley thinking?